A homemade chocolate ice cream recipe mixed with Cadbury Creme Eggs. If youre a Cadbury Creme Egg fan, then you need to try this for your Easter dessert! Make this ice cream recipe ahead of time so its ready to go when the craving hits!
PIN IT FOR LATER
If youre try to plan your Easter dessert, then let it include this Chocolate Cadbury Crme Ice Cream. Its a homemade dark chocolate ice cream loaded with Cadbury Creme Eggs! I meeaaaaaanlove.
This was my first homemade chocolate ice cream and I have fallen totally in love. I have to say my KitchenAid ice cream maker doesnt get nearly enough of a workout. More ice cream recipes please!
If you are like me, maybe you are a little intimated to make homemade ice cream. I promise you that there is nothing to be afraid of! It is seriously so easy and you might never buy store-bought ice cream again. Eh, thats a stretch, but you know what I mean!
- Easy base recipe for any homemade ice cream.
- Helpful tips for the Cadbury Eggs
- Cadbury Crème Ice Cream
- Can you get Cadbury Creme Eggs in us?
- Are Cadbury Little Scoops discontinued?
- What is the Cadbury Creme filling?
- Can you eat Creme Egg ice cream when pregnant?
- Why isn t Cadbury sold in the US?
- Who distributes Cadbury in the US?
- Why does Cadbury not melt?
- What happened to Kraft and Cadbury?
- What has happened to Cadbury?
- What is the orange stuff in Cadbury Creme Eggs?
Easy base recipe for any homemade ice cream.
To make this ice cream you only need 4 simple ingredients:
- Heavy whipping cream
- Granulated Sugar
- Cocoa powder (dark chocolate preferred- I like Hersheys Special Dark)
- Vanilla Extract
The steps to make this are simple!
- First youll heat a portion of the heavy cream together with the sugar and cocoa powder so that they dissolve into the heavy cream.
- Then youlladd the remaining heavy cream and refrigerate the mixer until its completely cooled.
Dont forget toprefreeze your ice cream maker according to the manufacturers instructions. This after requires 12+ hours, so through that in the freezer a day ahead of time.
Helpful tips for the Cadbury Eggs
The key to keeping the characteristics of the Cadbury Eggs- ie the cream filling, I cut them into pieces and frozen them before adding them to the churning ice cream. This will leave your ice cream with chunks of the Cadbury Eggs as opposed to the filling mixing into the ice cream. Its a win if you ask me.
So make sure you also toss these in the freezer ahead of time so that they have a chance to freeze too.
3 of the chocolate eggs to add once youve poured it into your freezer-safe container. This guarantees youll have chunks throughout.When adding the ice cream, its best to add once it reaches the soft-serve like consistency. Then save 1
More Easter Dessert Ideas:
- Easter Sugar Cookies
- No-Bake Easter Cheesecake Mousse
- Easter Bunny Brownie Truffles
- Peeps Rice Krispie Treat Smores
- Cadbury Stuffed Brookies
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
If you like no-bake recipes, check out my cookbook, No-Bake Treats!
A homemade dark chocolate ice cream with Cadbury Creme Eggs, enjoy this extra special Easter dessert.
- 3 cups heavy Cream
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon chocolate or vanilla extract
- 10 Cadbury Crme Eggs (regular size)
- Freeze your ice cream maker attachment for at least 15 hours, as advised.
- Combine 2 cups whipping cream with the sugar and the cocoa powder in a medium-sized saucepan. Heat medium heat, stirring just until it starts to bubble and sugar is dissolved.
- Let cool for a few minutes and add remaining 1 cup of heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract. To blend, stir everything together. Place in the refrigerator until totally cold.
- Unwrap Cadbury Crme Eggs and cut into quarters. Freeze while your liquid mixutre is cooling.
- Once frozen, set up ice cream maker, and spin on low speed. Pour the liquid mixture into ice cream maker and spin on low speed for 3 minutes and then increase to medium speed for another 10 minutes.
- 3 of the Cadbury Eggs to drop into the container after you add the ice cream.During the last two minutes, break frozen Cadbury Crme Eggs into small pieces and throw into ice cream mixer. 1st Reserve
- After 15 minutes, your ice cream should resemble soft serve. Stop the machine and spoon into a freezer-safe container, layering in the remaining Cadbury eggs.
- Freeze for at least 3-4 hours until desired consistency.
The total time for this recipe includes the pre-freezing of the ice cream. Put your container in the freezer the day before you plan to make this ice cream.
Can you get Cadbury Creme Eggs in us?
Creme Eggs are produced by Cadbury in the United Kingdom, by The Hershey Company in the United States, and by Cadbury Adams in Canada. They are sold by Mondelez International in all markets except the US, where The Hershey Company has the local marketing rights.
Are Cadbury Little Scoops discontinued?
The treats were nestled in a purple egg box with two spoons for scooping out the soft filling. Cadbury have revealed the decision was made due to the ‘changing taste buds’ of their customers. The popular treat has been around for 10 years and fans fumed that it was axed before Easter.
What is the Cadbury Creme filling?
The center of a Cadbury Creme Egg is fondant
According to SmartLabel, the ingredients of the filling for the eggs sold in the U.S. include sugar, corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavor and color, calcium chloride, and egg whites. In essence, the center of those eggs is soft fondant.
Can you eat Creme Egg ice cream when pregnant?
Is Cadbury Creme Egg ice cream safe to eat while pregnant? There is nothing in this recipe that would usually pose a risk to pregnant people, as long as all the ingredients are in good condition and the ice cream is prepared hygienically.
Why isn t Cadbury sold in the US?
Hershey owns the rights to make and sell Cadbury bars for the U.S. market, but the American chocolate giant uses a different recipe. The first ingredient in U.K. Cadbury chocolate is milk, while sugar is the first in American-made Cadbury chocolate, according to The New York Times.
Who distributes Cadbury in the US?
Mondelēz International, Inc.
Why does Cadbury not melt?
Try as you might, they won’t melt. Although Flake is made from milk chocolate, the manufacturing process gives it a different arrangement of fat and cocoa solids, so the melting fat isn’t able to lubricate the cocoa particles to the point where they can flow. In a bain marie, a Flake will never melt.
What happened to Kraft and Cadbury?
Cadbury is a British multinational confectionery company. The reason why Kraft needed Cadbury was to reconstruct and split into two companies: a grocery and snacks business where Cadbury would provide scale for the snacks business. Although Cadbury was actively resisting, it was taken over by Kraft in January 2010.
What has happened to Cadbury?
Cadbury merged with J. S. Fry & Sons in 1919, and Schweppes in 1969. Cadbury was a constant constituent of the FTSE 100 from the index’s 1984 inception until the company was bought by Kraft Foods in 2010.
What is the orange stuff in Cadbury Creme Eggs?
The particular magic of the Cadbury creme egg is that the chocolate shell houses a gooey, runny “yolk” and “albumen.” But while there are some real egg whites involved, the creme filling is really just fondant (aka, lots of sugar) dyed with food coloring to look like the insides of an egg.