With layers of chocolate almond milk-soaked bread, cherry pie filling, and sliced almonds, this Chocolate Almond Cherry Bread Pudding is cooked to perfection.
Silk sponsored this article, but all thoughts are my mine.
Let me begin by noting that, although having seen a fair amount of football games, I know very nothing about it. I was fascinated when Silk asked me to design a recipe for #meatlessmondays. This Chocolate Almond Cherry Bread Pudding is an excellent dessert for a Monday night football party!
Let me also mention that my partner and I obsessively watch The League on repeat. So I can completely hang when it comes to fantasy football.
One thing I like about football is that it almost always involves eating! Every Thanksgiving at my grandmother’s home (on my father’s side), the TV was set to football ALL DAY LONG. Fortunately, I was too preoccupied with the meal to notice.
When I go to a gathering, it’s almost a given that I’ll bring dessert. We were just at our friend’s pumpkin farm this weekend for our yearly Halloween get-together, and I arrived with armfuls of cupcakes!
I’m thinking of making this bread pudding at my next get-together. I never understood bread pudding until I tried it last year and saw what all the fuss was about!
I used Silk Chocolate Almond Milk in this recipe, which makes it dairy-free (please note that if you are sensitive to dairy, you will also need to locate a dairy-free bread). The chocolate almond milk is an excellent method to satisfy your chocolate cravings for this treat! The acidic cherries and crunchy sliced almonds give the bread pudding some texture.
My partner couldn’t get enough of chocolate almond milk when I brought it home a few months ago. He isn’t a big milk consumer in general, but for our smoothies, we began using ordinary almond milk. Then he found the chocolate one, which changed everything for him.
This bread pudding was prepared in a deep dish pie plate. If you don’t have a deep dish pie plate, I recommend using a 913-inch pan or a square 9-inch pan that is at least 3-inches deep. If you choose a shallower pan, you may not be able to integrate as much bread, and you will need to alter the baking time appropriately.
This bread pudding may be prepared ahead of time, eliminating the need to worry about what to bring for dessert! It also makes an excellent appetizer and is certainly suitable for breakfast.
Keep up with what’s going on. Follow Leescreamliqueur.com on Twitter:
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
This Chocolate Almond Cherry Bread Pudding has layers of chocolate almond milk-soaked bread, cherry pie filling, and sliced almonds sprinkled on top.
- 2 C Silk Chocolate Almond Milk
- 5 Large eggs
- 1 C Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Almond extract
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- C Almonds, sliced
- 1 can Cherry pie filling (21oz can)
- 1215 Sliced bread
- For the glaze (optional)
- C Powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp Silk Chocolate Almond Milk
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Whisk together Silk Chocolate Almond Milk, eggs, brown sugar, almond, and vanilla extract until completely combined. As you develop your layers, you’ll need to add this in four sections.
- Fill a deep dish 9 pie plate halfway with the almond milk mixture.
- Spread 3 cans of cherry pie filling over the bread and top with some of the almonds.Layer 4 slices of bread on the bottom of the baking dish. Spread 1 with a spoon
- Pour in just enough almond milk to cover the layer. Rep the preceding steps: Separate 4 pieces of bread, distribute a few spoonfuls of cherry pie filling and some of the nuts, then pour the remaining almond milk liquid (excluding C) over the bread.
- To make the top layer, use as many bread slices as you can fit without them overflowing over the edges. I used another 4-5 pieces. Fill up any gaps on top with the leftover cherry pie filling and drizzle with the remaining cup of almond milk mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 375°F. Allow at least 45 minutes to cool before cutting.
- To prepare the glaze, mix together powdered sugar and Silk Chocolate Almond Milk until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over the top of the bread pudding.
Visit Leescreamliqueur.coms profile on Pinterest.
Other recipes you might like:
Tiramisu Bread Pudding
Mimosa French Toast
Silk is sponsoring this discussion. The material and thoughts are all mine.