Ooey Gooey Mississippi Mud Brookies: Chocolate chips, pecans, and small marshmallows fill these stacked bars. You must choose between the gooey chocolate brownie and the chewy chocolate chip cookie layers.
I realize it’s been a week since my previous post, and I apologize for that. Life is occurring right now, and I’ve been on the go for the last month. I began with Myrtle Beach, then moved on to Lake Tahoe, and eventually to Las Vegas this past weekend. Oh, and my father came all the way from Vermont for a 24-hour visit on a business trip to Southern California.
I can’t say which vacation was my favorite since they were all incredibly significant to me. I kept making fun of myself since all we did in Las Vegas was eat (a lot! ), sleep (as in afternoon naps), eat, and sleep some more. Lots of eating and napping. I did a little daytime gaming and won, and we went go to a performance one night. As far as Las Vegas goes, it was really peaceful!
While I like these trips, they take a toll on my work at my full-time job, and I want for a few more hours of sleep. Every time I tell myself that I need to prepare ahead and have things ready for you guys, I fail.
I’m hoping that these Gooey Mississippi Mud Brookies will make up for my absence during the last week. Let us dissect them.
Bottom layer: gooey chocolate brownies
Middle layer: mini marshmallows and pecans
Top layer: handmade chocolate chip cookies topped with more marshmallows
The little marshmallows are quite wonderful. Some of them vanish into baked obscurity. They dissolve into the layers underneath. The ones on top are just a little burnt. The ones in between provide that additional ooey gooey quality that you desire from a melted marshmallow. It’s a win-win situation here.
I like to use a boxed brownie mix, but you may use your own homemade brownie mix for a 9-inch by 13-inch pan. The chocolate chip cookies are made from scratch, but if you want something fast, use store-bought dough. The simplest approach to distribute the cookie dough is to flatten it between your palms and gently push it into the brownie batter. Make every effort to cover the brownies.
I’ve been killing the brookie game for a while now. The nicest thing is that you don’t have to decide between a brownie and a cookie! You may also fill them with your favorite candies and sweets.
This recipe was first published on Chocolate Chocolate and More.
Keep up with what’s going on. Follow Leescreamliqueur.com on Twitter:
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Layers of fudge chocolate brownie and chocolate chip cookies are blended with nuts and small marshmallows to make these gooey Mississippi Mud Pie Brookies.
For the Brownies:
- 1 Box brownie mix
- Ingredients on the box (oil, eggs water)
- 1 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
For the Cookie Dough:
- cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- cup light brown sugar, packed
- cup granulated sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon baking soda
- cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine brownie mix, egg, vegetable oil, and water according per package directions. Beat until well combined.
- Using parchment paper or a baking mat, line a 913 pan. Spread the brownie batter evenly over the baking surface.
- Sprinkle 1 cup crushed pecans and 1 cup small marshmallows on top of the mixture and gently push into the brownie batter.
- Microwave the butter for 10-15 seconds to soften it. Combine the butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a mixing bowl. Mix until the mixture is nice and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla essence until the egg is completely integrated.
- Combine the flour, salt, and baking soda in a separate basin. Slowly incorporate the flour mixture into the dough batter while mixing on low speed. When all of the flour has been added, raise the speed to medium and mix until dough forms. Last, fold in the chocolate chips, remaining pecans, and marshmallows.
- Drop bits of cookie dough over the top of the brownie mixture, gently pushing them down into the brownie batter. Make every effort to cover evenly.
- Bake @ 350°F for 25-28 minutes. Remove from the oven and let aside to cool fully before slicing. I was able to totally remove the sheet of brookies from the pan before cutting because I used a baking mat. If the brownie is still too gooey, place it in the refrigerator before cutting.
Visit Leescreamliqueur.coms profile on Pinterest.
You mightalso like:
Marshmallow Oreo Brookies
Reeses Double Brookies
Thin Mint Brookies
Why is it called a Brookie?
Brookie might be used to describe: a treat prepared by mixing a brownie with a cookie. Brooke is a nickname for someone called Brooke. Brook trout are a species of fish endemic to Eastern North America.
Who made the first Brookie?
Jovon English has a sweet craving, so she made a brookie, a mash-up of a brownie and a cookie in the form of a cupcake, to fulfill it.
What is a checkers Brookie?
The new Chocolate Chip “Brookie” from Checkers and Rally’s is now available. On top of a chocolate chip biscuit, a warm chocolate fudge brownie cooked soft with silky caramel and milk chocolate chips.
When did Brookies start?
By night, she is the proprietor of milk + brookies in Los Angeles, which she founded in 2014 with partners Marques Brooks, Naimah Harris, and Tisa Smart-Washington.
What are other names for Brookies?
While brookie is the most common term for this sort of dessert bar, you may also hear them referred to as: Brondies (as you may have observed in my movie.)
Cookies in the shape of brownies.
What is a Brookie slang?
The phrase “Brookies” refers to brook trout. When Chris and his buddies visit the Boundary Waters, they look for brook trout lakes and the elusive “Brookie.”
What is one smart brookie?
This NEW Creation with Classic Cookie Dough Ice Cream tastes just like a scoop of brownie and cookie dough straight from the bowl! Classic Cookie Dough Ice Cream, Brownie, and Cookie Dough are the ingredients.
What flavor is brookie?
Limited edition OREO Brookie-O Flavored Creme Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, 13.2 oz. Try this delicious take on the classic OREO cookie. These chocolate wafer cookies are packed with brownie, cookie dough, and triple-layered OREO original flavour crème.
What does a brookie taste like?
These Brookies are luscious, thick, fudgy bars made with half brownie and half chocolate chip cookie. This is the ideal way to savor your two favorite sweet treats in one! It’s simple to create using pantry staples.
Grandma’s cookies provide a delectable array of handcrafted memories. Every Grandma’s treat is created with love and comes in flavors like chocolate, peanut butter, and lemon pie.