This time of year, I’m wanting Maple Bourbon Tiramisu Parfaits.Lady fingers steeped in espresso with whiskey and maple syrup and covered with maple mascarpone mousse.
I’m back with another Tiramisu recipe. #cantstopwontstop. The original Maple Bourbon Chocolate Tiramisu was featured on Better Homes & Gardens. This has long been on my list of things to accomplish! The issue is that I suddenly want to turn everything into Tiramisu. Would you be upset about that?
Instead of a classic layered tiramisu, I made this Maple Bourbon Tiramisu as a parfait. Parfaits are an excellent method to offer dessert to dinner guests. I happened to have extremely big parfait glasses on hand, and although this recipe yields 5 parfaits, it could easily be made as a stacked dessert to suit a small audience.If you used smaller glasses, you could definitely create 8 parfaits out of this.
Each parfait has four ladyfingers, two at the bottom and two in the center. The lady fingers are dipped in a blend of strong espresso, bourbon, and maple syrup. The lady fingers are stacked with a spoon-friendly maple mascarpone mousse!
I wasn’t sure where to get lady fingers until I began creating Tiramisu desserts. They are, in fact, more widely accessible than I had anticipated.
While I seldom see them at my typical grocery store, I have seen them in specialized food shops such as World Market and Whole Foods. They’re frequently found in the cookie section.
I adore tiramisu-inspired dishes because I can’t stop eating the mascarpone whipped cream mousse right from the mixing bowl; it’s my favorite part! I sweetened the mousse with maple syrup this time because maple everything. Instead of cocoa powder, I covered each layer with shaved dark chocolate. The milder flavor of the shaved chocolate appeals to me.
I’m sure your guests will be thrilled with your parfaits, and they have no clue how simple they are! Add some pecans or smashed cookies to make it more interesting.
p class=”text-align: center;”>Follow Leescreamliqueur.com on Twitter:
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
- 1/3 C boiling water
- 2 tablespoons Espresso powder
- 1/3 C Maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Bourbon
- 20 Ladyfingers
- For the filling
- 8 oz Mascarpone cheese
- 1 C Heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 C Powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- Chocolate bar for shavings
- To make the syrup for the ladyfingers, combine boiling water and espresso powder in a mixing bowl and whisk until the powder is dissolved. Whisk together the maple syrup and bourbon. Place aside.
- Whip the mascarpone cheese for 30 seconds on medium speed, then gradually add the heavy whipping cream and scrape down the bowl until it reaches a liquid consistency. Continue to add heavy whipped cream while increasing the mixer speed to medium-high.
- When soft peaks form, add powdered sugar and raise the speed to high. Form firm peaks using an electric mixer. Place aside.
- Cut lady fingers in half or to fit into your parfait cup before assembling the parfaits. Dip each lady finger in the syrup and arrange in a single layer on the bottom of the pan.
- Fill a piping bag halfway with mascarpone mousse and pipe a layer of mousse on top. Shave the chocolate over the mousse using a zester.
- Rep for lady fingers, then finish with another layer of mousse and chocolate shaving. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
Other recipes you might like:
Apple Pie Tiramisu
Tiramisu Bread Pudding
Peach Brown Butter Shortbread Parfaits
Bourbon Salted Caramel Oatmeal Cookies
Other recipes you might like:
Tiramisu Popsicles from The Cupcake Project
Baileys Twinkie Tiramisu from The Domestic Rebel
Cookie Dough Tiramisu from Grandbaby Cakes