These Marshmallow Oreo Brookies are the perfect combination of brownies and cookies, with marshmallow Oreos added for good measure!
Tonight I asked my boyfriend when the last time I made dinner was. We both thought about it for aminute, and I remembered it was February 16th twenty days ago. Please note extreme exhaustion may cause lack of ability to count -> 10 day ago. Okay, thats not zoo bad I guess. Days are just flying by recently, I mean its going to be MARCH this weekend. Despite the craziness in my life, I am still taking the time to make sure I am delivering you guys some tasty treats.
Have you tried either of the new Oreo flavors? There is a Marshmallow Cream and a Cookie Dough Oreo. I picked up a couple of packages when they first came out and finally got a chance to try them! The Marshmallow Cream flavor resembles a Rice Krispie Treat. Since I love Golden Oreos, I thought I would be a pretty big fan of these as well. I started with a Marshamallow Oreo Brookie. I am totally crushing on brookies right now. A brownie base with a soft baked cookie on top, seriously, its the best of both worlds! I also have a classic brookie recipe made with chocolate chip cookie dough if you want to check that out.
I sandwiched an entire package of Marshmallow Oreos between the layers of brownies and the chocolate chip cookies. Plus, just because I love you guys, I also added some bonus mini marshmallows in the cookie dough. I havent really baked a lot with mini marshmallows, but I must say, I was quite impressed with the results. The marshmallows melted into the cookies, and the texture adds to the softness of the cookies. These brookies are super easy to make, and have been a real crowd pleaser in my neck of the woods.
A brownie and a cookie are combined with Marshmallow Cream Oreos.
- 1 Pk Marshmallow Cream Oreos
- 1 Box brownie mix
- 1 Large egg
- 1/3 C Vegetable oil
- 1/4 C Milk
- 1/2 C (1 stick) Unsalted butter
- 1/2 C Light brown sugar
- 1/2 C Sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 C All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 3/4 C Chocolate Chips
- 1 C Mini Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Empty entire package of Oreos into a Ziploc bag. Crush cookies into smaller pieces using a rolling pin or wooden spoon. Place aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine brownie mix, egg, vegetable oil and milk. Beat until thoroughly mixed.
- Line a 913 pan with parchment paper or a baking mat. Spread the brownie batter evenly over the baking surface. Empty crushed cookies onto the top of the brownie mixture and spread evenly.
- Soften butter in the microwave 10-15 seconds. Combine butter with both light brown sugar and granulated sugar. Mix until smooth and mixture becomes fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and beat until egg is thoroughly incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda. Slowly add flour mixture to dough batter while mixing at a low speed. Once all the flour has been added, increase speed to medium until dough forms. Add chocolate chips and marshmallows last and fold into cookie dough.
- Take the cookie dough and drop chunks onto the top of the brownie mixture, gently pressing them down into brownie batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 23-25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before cutting. Since I used a baking mat, I was able to completely remove the sheet of brookies from the pan before cutting.
What are Brookies made of?
Made from marbled layers of brownie batter and chocolate chip cookie dough, brookies are a fun treat for all ages.
What is Brookie Oreo?
Milk’s Favorite Cookie – Dessert fans will celebrate this delightful, Limited Edition pairing: chocolate OREO cookies filled with brownie, cookie dough, and original flavored triple-layered creme!
Why is it called a Brookie?
Brookie may refer to: A dessert made by combining a brownie and a cookie. A nickname for someone named Brooke. Brook trout, a type of fish native to Eastern North America.
What does Brookie mean slang?
Its earliest use, probably still productive, was to form endearing or familiar names or common nouns from personal names, other nouns, and adjectives (Billy; Susie; birdie; doggie; granny; sweetie; tummy).
What is the rarest Oreo?
1 Pokémon Oreo Mew ($100,000)
Out of all of the hidden Pokémon Oreos, Mew was the rarest find.
What flavor is Brookie Oreo?
The NEW OREO®Brookie Blizzard® Treat delivers the perfect summertime cravings mashup, mixing up the taste playlist with OREO® cookie pieces and brookie pieces(brownie & cookie baked together) blended with our world-famous soft serve to Blizzard® Treat perfection.
Are Brookie Oreos coming back?
Oreo announced the return of its Brookie-O flavor via Instagram. It was originally released as a limited-edition flavor back in January 2021 but is now being re-released thanks to popular demand.
What does a brookie taste like?
These Brookies are rich, fudgy and decadent bars made with half brownie and half chocolate chip cookie. Easy to make with basic pantry ingredients this is the ultimate way to enjoy your two favorite sweet treats in one!
Is there a male or female brownie?
Brownies are virtually always male, but female brownies, such as Meg Mullach (or “Hairy Meg”), have occasionally been described as well. They are usually envisioned as ugly and their appearances are sometimes described as frightening or unsettling to members of the houses in which they reside.
What is another name for Brookies?
While brookie is the most popular name for this type of dessert bar, you may also hear them called: Brondies (You may have noticed this name in my video.) Cookies in the shape of brownies.