These Mint Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes are an over-the-top filled cupcake perfect for a party! You’ll like the cream cheese filling on the interior.
Mint Oreo Cheesecake Cupcake starts with a Mint Oreo in the base of the cupcake, followed by some cupcake batter and topped with a heaping spoonful of mint chocolate cheesecake. I finished it off with an Oreo frosting.
The cheesecake is made with both a hint of mint extract and also some mint chocolate chips! It’s out of this world. I picked up a bag of Mint chocolate chips at Walmart, but I have also seen them at my local grocery store. They are sometimes green and sometimes not.
These delectable cupcakes are the ideal dessert for your next gathering. Not only do they have a cheesecake filling inside, they have a creamy, dreamy cookies-and-creme frosting and theyre topped with mint Oreos!
I had a box of Mint Oreos in my pantry, and a craving for cheesecake. Since I was already making so many chocolate cupcakes, it just seemed only natural to make a mint cheesecake cupcake. This recipe is a twist on my boyfriends favorite cupcake. Do you all remember when I let him take over the baking one day? He made his mothers Chocolate Cream Cheese Cupcake. You should check it out, he has some rules for baking that I find to be pretty comical.
In order to make this recipe, you will need at least a package and a half of the Mint Oreos to use between the cupcake, the frosting and an extra Oreo for good measure of time. Triple mint? Yep. Three Oreos? Yep. This recipe is a triple win. Okay, that was a bad joke but whatever!
A chocolate cheesecake cupcake with a Mint Oreo on the bottom, a cheesecake filling and a Mint Oreo frosting.
- 1 box (15oz) Chocolate Cupcake mix
- Ingredients listed on the box (egg, oil, water)
For the cream cheese filling
- 1 pk (8oz) Cream cheese (softened)
- 1 Large Eggs
- 1/3 C Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Mint extract
- 1/2 C Mint chocolate chips
For the frosting
- 3 Sticks Unsalted butter (softened)
- 4 C Powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Heavy whipped cream
- 2 C Mint Oreo crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line the muffin pan with cupcake liners. Drop a full Oreo in the bottom of each liner.
- 3 full.Mix cake mix with required ingredients listed on the back of the box. Spoon cupcake batter into liners. Fill your lined cupcake pan 2
- To soften cream cheese, microwave for 20 seconds, flip it over and microwave another 20 seconds.
- Mix together softened cream cheese, sugar, egg and mint extract and beat until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- To add the cream cheese mixture to the cupcakes, use a spoon to drop into each liner. The original recipe specifies 1 tsp cream cheese mixture per cupcake. There will be some left over.
- Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes. Use a toothpick to check the doneness of your cupcake. Insert the toothpick and if it comes out clean, your cupcakes are done. Allow cupcakes to cool for a couple minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
For the frosting
- Grind the Oreos into crumbs in a food processor. Place aside.
- Allow butter to soften for about 30 minutes.
- On medium-high speed, cream butter until soft and smooth.
- Add powdered sugar one cup at a time and beat on medium-low speed, frosting will become thick. Add mint extract and heavy cream and increase speed to medium-high. Whip for a couple minutes until fluffy.
- Reduce speed and add Oreo crumbs, mix until incorporated.
Are mint Oreos a thing?
These chocolate cookies are filled with a sweet mint flavored creme, creating the perfect balance of rich and refreshing. OREO Mint creme Sandwich Cookies are great for sharing with friends, serving at parties, or enjoying with cold milk.
How many calories are in 4 mint Oreos?
Per 4 Cookies: 140 calories; 2 g sat fat (10% DV); 95 mg sodium (4% DV); 12 g total sugars.
How many calories are mint Oreos?
Real cocoa is always used. Per 2 Cookies: 140 calories; 2 g sat fat (10% DV); 85 mg sodium (4% DV); 13 g total sugars.
Do they make gluten-free mint Oreos?
OREO Gluten Free Mint Flavor Creme Chocolate Sandwich Cookies are a rich, refreshing gluten-free cookie treat.
Oreo was developed in 1912 as a knockoff of Hydrox. Oreo eventually eclipsed Hydrox in popularity, which resulted in the Hydrox cookies being perceived as an Oreo off-brand.
What are the rarest Oreos?
The crackers’ popularity led to the Oreo cookie’s invention a decade later.
From making pop culture-related cookies to Pokémon Oreos that are worth a fortune, let’s look at the most expensive Oreos in the world.
1 Pokémon Oreo Mew ($100,000)
2 Supreme Oreos ($91,000) …
3 Squirtle Oreos ($500) …
Are mint Oreos healthy?
Oreo mint. Low in sodium but not low in sugar or fat, these Mint Oreos are one of many Oreo cookies with a very similar nutrition panel. They fall into the mid tier of “not the worst” but “not the best,” either.
What year did mint Oreos come out?
1985 – Oreo Mint Crème cookies introduced in U.S. for limited time.
How many calories are in 100 Oreos?
There are 587 calories in 100 g of Oreo Original.
Which Oreo has the most calories?
The Double Stuf Oreo has the most calories, coming in at 160 in each 2 cookie serving, compared to the Original Oreo which comes in at 140 calories in each 2 cookie serving.