The greatest way to enjoy the festive beverage as a dessert is with these Eggnog Pudding Parfaits. A buttery graham cracker crust topped with whipped cream and filled with luscious Eggnog Mousse.
I’ve learned that combining Eggnog with pudding mix is the finest thing since my Apple Pie Lasagna. I thought I was clever, creating new things like eggnog pudding–which, by the way, definitely already exists, and I didn’t bother verifying. B
But as I sipped my way through the container of eggnog, I saw the recipe for eggnog pudding on the side of the box. LEE, of course. This recipe contains Rum. The rum is entirely optional! So here I am, on my sofa, eating my face with SpikedEggnog Cream Pie Parfaits.
Anyway, I prepared eggnog pudding by substituting eggnog for milk in vanilla instant pudding and adding a bit additional cinnamon and nutmeg. This is incredible, like be sure to steal extra bits while no one is looking incredible. The pudding was then turned into a mousse using fresh whipped cream, making it light and fluffy and full of sweetness.
I really wanted to create a pie out of this, but the mousse and whipped cream layer made it look unappealing on the dish. So we make do with these adorable miniature cream pie jars!
The first layer is graham cracker crumbs with a touch of butter for a more crusty appearance. Then a thick layer of mousse with whipped cream on top. You may prepare these jars ahead of time so you don’t miss out on the dessert!
I suggested handmade whipped cream, which tastes much superior than Cool Whip. I have nothing against Cool Whip, and you may absolutely use it in this recipe. However, the whipped cream adds air bubbles that Cool Whip can not provide. What function does the air bubble serve? They keep the mousse light and frothy.
These Eggnog Cream Pie Parfaits will blow your mind. You may stack them, serve them in a variety of jars or glasses, or even use them as dessert shooters.
More Eggnog Recipes:
- Homemade Eggnog Pudding Pie
- Eggnog Cupcakes
- Eggnog Poke Cake
The greatest way to enjoy the festive beverage as a dessert is with these Eggnog Cream Pies. A buttery graham cracker crust encases a delectable Eggnog Mousse and is topped with fresh whipped cream.
- 1 box (3.4oz) Instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1/4 cup spiced Rum (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Combine the quick vanilla pudding mix, eggnog, rum, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a mixing bowl. Whisk until the powder is completely dissolved. Refrigerate for 10 minutes, or until the pudding is stiff.
- Freeze the bowl and whisk for 5-10 minutes to cool. For several minutes, beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until soft peaks form.
- Mix in the powdered sugar on medium high until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate the whipped cream until ready to use.
- Fold 2 cups of the whipped cream into the prepared pudding and whisk to mix. Place the mousse in a Ziploc bag and place in the refrigerator until ready to use. Save the leftover Whipped Cream for topping the parfaits.
- Grind the graham crackers into a fine crumb in a food processor. Stir together the graham cracker crumbs and the melted butter.
- To make these jars, start by putting 1-2 teaspoons of graham crackers in the bottom of the jar. Fill the jars with eggnog mousse after cutting a tiny hole in the corner of the Ziploc bag. Top the mousse with a dollop of the remaining whipped cream and a sprinkling of nutmeg. Refrigerate the jars until ready to serve.
- If you don’t want to use rum, simply use more eggnog.