These No-Bake Red Velvet Cheesecake Shooters combine all of your favorite elements of Red Velvet Cake into a parfait.
Okay, be honest with me: do you like red velvet? People either adore it or despise it, according to my observations. Personally, I must be in the mood for it, and it must have the PERFECT red velvet taste. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had a cupcake that wasn’t chocolate or vanilla. I’m sure I’m not the only one, right?
The chocolate taste in these Red Velvet Cheesecake Shooters is exactly perfect. On the bottom, there’s a thick layer of Oreo cookies. Following that is a silky, red velvet no-bake cheesecake filling topped with a dab of whipped cream.
The red velvet cheesecake is easy to make and doesn’t need any baking, which is always a plus in my eyes. It’s a creamy concoction of cream cheese, melted chocolate, and whipped cream. Isn’t it simple? You may always use Cool Whip instead of whipped cream if you like.
People often complain about the taste of red food coloring. Fortunately, my pals at Wilton produce a No Taste Red Icing Gel. Because the gel-like consistency is thicker, you’ll need enough to get that dark red color without compromising taste. It’s available at your local craft shop (in the baking aisle) or online.
Because the gel has to be vigorously mixed into the filling and you don’t want to deflate the whipped cream in the process, I stirred the red dye into the cheesecake before adding the whipped cream.
If you want to use a piping bag to get that gorgeous swirl in the parfait, I recommend chilling the filling for at least one hour after you finish putting it all together. However, you may spoon it straight into your parfait glasses and chill them. The cheesecake will be stiff if refrigerated overnight, so let it rest at room temperature for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Whatever anybody says, there is nothing more delicious than a tiny dessert. Single serve desserts eliminate the need to wonder, “Can I have a bite?” No, you can’t. Isn’t this a SINGLE SERVING? Yes, it is all my. Plus, if you want seconds, you don’t have to feel bad about it. Depending on the amount you create, this dish will provide 4 big or 6 tiny parfaits.
If you need a Valentine’s Day Cake to feed a multitude, I recommend this Valentine’s Day Ombre Heart Cake or this Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cookies.
Keep up with what’s going on. Follow Leescreamliqueur.com on Twitter:
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
These No-Bake Red Velvet Cheesecake Shooters are the ideal mason jar dessert!
- 6 oz dark chocolate chips
- 1 c + 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese
- 1 tbsp no-taste red food coloring gel
- 1 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Place dark chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 60 seconds. Remove from the heat and whisk until smooth.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes or place in the refrigerator to cool.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream placed in a cold bow. 2 minutes on medium-high speed, until heavy whipping cream turns frothy. Slowly add the powdered sugar and gradually raise the speed to high, beating until stiff peaks form (3-5 minutes). For the topping, use a cup of whipped cream. Set the rest aside.Freeze the mixer bowl and wire whisk attachment for 5-10 minutes, or until the bowl is cold. Pour 1 1
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat cream cheese on medium-high speed for 3-4 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Then, add the melted chocolate mixture and beat until smooth.
- Add 1 teaspoon of no-taste red food coloring gel at a time, folding into mixture until desired red color is achieved. I would go with a deeper red rather than a great bright red. This needs less food coloring.
- Fold in all but one cup of the prepared whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake for approximately an hour, or until it is somewhat hard.
- To assemble the parfaits:
- Grind the Oreos into a fine crumb in a food processor.
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds.
- Mix together the melted butter and the Oreo cookie crumbs well.
- Assemble your parfaits by putting two teaspoons of Oreo crumbs in the bottom of each. Just before serving, top with the remaining made whipped cream and roughly a cup of the chocolate filling.
If you want to use a piping bag to get that gorgeous swirl in the parfait, I recommend chilling the filling for at least one hour after you finish putting it all together. However, you may spoon it straight into your parfait glasses and chill them. The cheesecake will be stiff if refrigerated overnight, so let it rest at room temperature for at least 20-30 minutes before serving. And last, the whipped cream just before serving.
Visit Leescreamliqueur.com’s Pinterest page.
Other recipes you might like:
Baileys Cheesecake Shooters
Strawberry Red Velvet Waffle Parfaits
Spiked Chocolate Parfaits
Recipes from my friends:
Whipped Chocolate Cheesecake Parfaits
Cheesecake Oreo Parfaits
Raspberry Mocha Mudslide Parfaits