Layers of peppermint cookie dough flavored with peppermint marshmallows and peppermint M&Ms atop a fudgey brownie packed with peppermint Oreos.
Who’s up for one more peppermint treat to round up cookie week? I’m sure I do! After the popularity of my Marshmallow Oreo Brookies, I decided a peppermint variation was in order!
The peppermint taste in these Peppermint Marshmallow Oreo Brookies is tripled. Peppermint marshmallows and peppermint M&Ms are mixed into the cookie dough layer. Peppermint Oreos are sandwiched between the cookie batter and brownie layers. A triple peppermint attack.
Brookies are just fantastic. You’ve got the greatest three snacks: brownies, Oreos, and a chocolate chip cookie. Because peppermint Oreos might be difficult to obtain, feel free to substitute the winter version with the red filling.
This recipe is intended to be cooked in a 9×13 baking dish. I strongly advise you to line your pan with a Silpat, parchment paper, or tin foil. First, make your brownie layer. I use Betty Crockers Fudgey brownie mix, but you may use any boxed brownie mix as long as you follow the ingredients mentioned below. Because the brownie batter will be thick, spread it with a spatula. Then, using your Oreos, line the top.
It will be thick for the cookie dough layer. I’ve included peppermint marshmallows and M&Ms. You’ll need to roll up your sleeves and get your hands messy to place the cookie dough on top. Press the cookie dough together with your palms and put on top of the Oreos. If you have extra M&Ms, sprinkle them on top of the cookie batter.
I’ve been making a lot of cookies recently, and my freezer is almost full. So I went ahead and picked them up and mailed them to my father in Vermont. He was taken aback and I’m sure ate quite a few before choosing to share. These Peppermint Marshmallow Oreo Brookies are sure to go fast!
Layers of peppermint cookie dough with marshmallows and peppermint M&Ms over a fudge brownie studded with peppermint Oreos.
- 1 Box brownie mix
- 1 Large egg
- 1/3 C Vegetable oil
- 1/4 C Milk
- 1 Pkg Peppermint Oreos
- For the cookie
- 1/2 C (1 stick) Unsalted butter
- 1/2 C Light brown sugar
- 1/2 C Sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 C All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 cup Kraft Jet-Puffed Peppermint Marshmallows
- 3/4 C Peppermint M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine brownie mix, egg, vegetable oil, and milk in a medium-sized mixing basin. Beat until well combined.
- Using parchment paper or a baking mat, line a 913 pan. Spread the brownie batter evenly over the baking surface. On top of the brownie layer, arrange the Oreos in rows.
- For the cookie
- Microwave butter for 10-15 seconds to soften. Combine the butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Mix until the mixture is nice and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla essence until the egg is completely integrated.
- In a separate dish, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Slowly incorporate the flour mixture into the dough batter while mixing on low speed. When all of the flour has been added, raise the speed to medium and mix until dough forms. Mix in the marshmallows and Peppermint M&Ms.
- Take the cookie dough and flatten it with your palms. Place portions on top of the brownie batter, gently pushing them down into the batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 23-25 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting after removing from the oven. I was able to totally remove the sheet of brookies from the pan before cutting because I used a baking mat.