The small and slender Lemon Mousse Pies are brimming with lemon flavor and just large enough to satisfy your sweet need without packing on the pounds.
PIN THIS POST FOR LATER
Skinny Lemon Mousse Pies seemed like a good option for a lighter dessert. Mini pastries, particularly pies, are my favorite! Lemon pie is a pleasant dessert that is ideal for the summer.
Lemon flavor abounds in these little pies. Sugar-free, fat-free pudding mix, a dash of reduced-fat cream cheese, nonfat lemon yogurt, and fresh lemon zest are used to make the mousse. It’s a lemon lover’s dream, I suppose.
The pudding should be made ahead of time so that it is firm or set when you add the cream cheese and lemon yogurt.
I used fat-free Cool Whip to make this mousse lighter in texture. I only used half a container of Cool Whip in the mousse and reserved the other half for sprinkling on top of the pie. I really like the small dollop on top.
I wanted to use something other than graham crackers for the crust, so I used reduced-fat Nilla Wafers. I seldom find reduced-fat graham crackers, but these might also work.
Because we are just preparing 12 mouse pies, we only need a little amount of butter for the crust. Make careful to push the crust all the way to the bottom of the liners so it’s lovely and compact.
I already said that I need to restrict the portion size of my desserts. So I used these little cupcake liners to make this treat. Some people may refer to them as nut or treat cups, however they are waxed on the inside, making it easy to peel away the sides. These treat bowls stood around 1.5 inches tall. However, I am certain that a standard cupcake liner will suffice!
I kept these mousse cups frozen until I was ready to serve them. I let them thaw for about an hour on the counter until they are mushy. However, freezing them is not required; they may be kept in the refrigerator. If you attempt to bite into them directly out of the freezer, your brain will freeze. I speak from personal experience.
Even when you’re monitoring what you eat, it’s good to be able to have a treat now and again. These Skinny Lemon Mousse Pies are the ideal guilt-free dessert!
More Skinny Desserts:
- Chocolate Pudding Cupcakes
- Coconut Cream Cake
- Lemon Cream Pie Cupcakes
- Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes
- Funfetti Cheesecake Ice Cream Pie
- Coconut Cream Pie Cupcakes
Keep up with what’s going on. Follow Leescreamliqueur.com on Twitter:
Lemon flavor abounds in the tiny and slim Lemon Mousse Pies, which are just large enough to satisfy your sweet need.
- 1 packet (3.4oz) fat-free and sugar-free lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup non-fat milk
- 24 reduced-fat Nilla Wafers
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 container (5.5 oz) non-fat Lemon Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 8 ounces Fat-Free Cool Whip
- To make lemon pudding, whisk together nonfat milk and pudding mix until the pudding mix is dissolved. Refrigerate until completely hard.
- To get a fine crumb, crush the wafers in a food processor or blender. Fill a microwave-safe bowl halfway with water. Microwave the butter in the bowl for 30-60 seconds, or until it is melted. Stir in the butter to coat the crumbs.
- Fill each cupcake liner with 1 spoonful of the crust. Using a spoon, press the crust down.
- On medium speed, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Then, add the lemon yogurt and lemon zest and stir until thoroughly combined. Finally, thoroughly integrate the prepared pudding mix.
- Cut the Cool Whip in half. Half of it should go into the lemon filling, and the other half should go on top of the cupcakes. Incorporate the Cool Whip into the lemon filling.
- Fill a large Ziploc bag halfway with the lemon filling. Cut a little piece off the bag and spread the contents equally among the cupcake liners.
- Pipe the remaining Cool Whip on top.
- Keep refrigerated or frozen for 2-4 hours. If frozen, leave to defrost for 30-60 minutes before consuming.
- Weight Watchers Freestyle Points- The total number of Freestyle points in this dish is 64. Each cupcake is worth 5 points.
Recipes from my friends:
Healthier Lemon Loaf from Grandbaby-Cakes
Crazy for Crust Skinny Frozen Peanut Butter Pies
Chelsea’s Messy Apron’s Lightened Up Lemon Curd Mousse Cups