This Smores Lasagna dessert is a wonderful icebox dessert, with each layer revealing a new surprise. Graham cracker crust, chocolate whipped cream, toasted marshmallow mousse, and pudding layers. Everything is topped with extra toasted marshmallows! Try this no-bake icebox cake right now!
Hello and welcome to Smores Week! A couple of us bloggers thought that we needed something to spice up the end of the month. As a dessert blogger, my mind is always flooded with sugary notions. So when Lisa invited me to join, you can bet I said yes. I can’t wait to see what everyone come up with!
I cooked Smores Lasagna on the first day of Smores Week. You already know how much I like lasagna, particularly when it includes chocolate, whipped cream, and marshmallow.
I used both chocolate and ordinary graham crackers in my lasagna. Chocolate pudding, marshmallow fluff cream, and chocolate whipped cream are among the other layers.
Each mouthful of this dish provides a distinct flavor sensation. It all begins with roasted marshmallows on top. I used a microwave and a kitchen torch in tandem. The marshmallows are softened in the microwave and toast in the torch.
I created a chocolate whipped cream with dark chocolate cocoa powder to go with it. Of course, you may create conventional whipped cream or use Cool Whip. Don’t you enjoy a little more chocolate on your smores?
To begin, make some instant chocolate pudding and lay it aside. While you wait, mix the marshmallow fluff, marshmallow cream, and toasted marshmallows.
Simply alternating layers of graham cracker with marshmallow fluff and a tiny bit of pudding to assemble. The longer it sits, the softer the graham crackers will get. They become cake-like in texture. The lasagna is simple to cut and keeps its form well.
Divide your marshmallow fluff into thirds and your pudding in half before you get too confused with the arithmetic. There are three graham cracker layers and three fluff layers, but only two levels of pudding. Finally, on top, a layer of whipped cream and marshmallow. Did I still perplex you? I really hope not! Let’s go have some smores. Check out what all my buddies are up to at the bottom of this article!
- 1 pkg Instant chocolate pudding (3.4oz)
- 1 C Milk
- 1 Container Cool Whip (8oz)
- 1 jar Marshmallow crme fluff (7oz)
- 1 C Mini Marshmallows toasted
- 2 pkg Chocolate graham crackers
- 1 pkg Graham crackers
- 2 C Heavy whipping cream
- 23 tbsp Powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp Sweetened cocoa powder
- 24 Large marshmallows (optional)
- Hot fudge sauce for drizzle (optional)
- Begin by combining the instant chocolate pudding and milk. Whisk until the pudding mix is completely dissolved. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until hard.
- Combine the Cool Whip and marshmallow cream in a mixing basin. Mix until smooth.
- Microwave small marshmallows for 10 seconds in a heatproof basin. To gently toast the marshmallow, use a kitchen torch with a low heat. Mix in the Cool Whip and Marshmallow Crème.
- Tin foil or parchment paper should be used to line a 913 pan. On the bottom of the pan, stack chocolate graham crackers. Make an effort to cover all corners uniformly. Break apart the bigger pieces only when you need to fill in the gaps.
- Spread the marshmallow Cool Whip evenly over the bottom layer of graham crackers.
- Then, on top of the marshmallow Cool Whip, spread half of the pudding mix.
- The following layer should be made using normal graham crackers. Make an effort to cover all corners uniformly. Break apart the bigger pieces only when you need to fill in the gaps.
- Spread another layer of graham crackers with the remaining marshmallow Cool Whip, followed by the remaining pudding.
- The following layer should be made using chocolate graham crackers. Make an effort to cover all corners uniformly. Break apart the bigger pieces only when you need to fill in the gaps.
- Spread the remaining marshmallow cream mixture on top of the chocolate graham crackers.
- Using a stand mixer, make the chocolate whipped cream. For a few minutes, whisk the cream on medium-high until it is frothy. Add 2 tbsp powdered sugar and 2 tbsp sweetened cocoa powder. Form firm peaks using an electric mixer. Add another spoonful of powdered sugar if the whipped cream is too bitter. On top of the last layer, spread whipped cream.
- Allow each layer to set in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
- If desired, top the lasagna with a layer of toasted marshmallows. Use parchment paper or a microwave-safe dish. Microwave in 10 second increments until soft. Place them on top of the lasagna using a knife. To toast the marshmallows, use a kitchen torch on low heat.
- Drizzle with hot fudge and graham cracker crumbs if desired.
How can I improve my lasagna?
7 Ways to Make Better Lasagna
Take Care of Your Pasta.
Use the Correct Method for Boiling Noodles.
Think about your layering strategy.
For Crispy Magic, leave top sheet overhangs.
Underbake on the side of caution.
Make extra sauce to serve with.
What are the layers in lasagna?
Layering lasagna begins with a thin layer of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a baking dish.
Layer cooked lasagna noodles on top.
Spread the ricotta cheese mixture in an equal layer.
Spread a thin coating of beef sauce on top.
Repeat those layers twice more.
Finally, add another layer of noodles, sauce, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese.
How long should lasagna rest before cutting?
Although it may be tempting to cut into your meaty, cheesy lasagna as soon as it comes out of the oven, wait at least 10 minutes before serving. You’ll give the layers a chance to rest and then set this method.
How many layers of noodles in a lasagna?
Count the noodles. Four layers of noodles are required in total. It is ideal to begin and end with broader layers, so if you have fewer than 16 noodles, place them in the bottom or top layers.
Is it better to cover lasagna while baking?
If you leave your lasagna in the oven uncovered, it will dry out. For a part of the baking period, use a foil-topped tray to fight back. Remove the cover from the lasagna halfway through baking to allow the top to brown. If the top is still pale after it’s completely cooked, put on the broiler to help things along.
How do you spice up bland lasagna?
Images from Getty Images.
Replace the sausage for fish.
Rethink the vegetables you’re utilizing.
Don’t use the same cheese again.
Ricotta cheese is a good option.
Make use of no-boil noodles.
Make white lasagna.
Consider cinnamon to be your hidden ingredient.11 Ways to Spruce Up Your Homemade Lasagna
Increase the variety of your sausage. Artisteer
Should last layer of lasagna be noodles or sauce?
The ideal method to layer lasagna is to start with a layer of red sauce, then a layer of white sauce, then noodles, and finally cheese. Continue in this manner until your tray is full.
What should be on top layer of lasagna?
Finish your lasagne with a layer of either tomato-based sauce or white sauce – whatever you have left – and lots of Parmigiano-Reggiano. Torn mozzarella is a popular supplementary topping that creates a gorgeous, melted cheese layer on top.
Do you add eggs to ricotta cheese for lasagna?
How to Make Lasagna Step by Step
In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, egg, spices, and parmesan cheese while the sauce is boiling. The addition of an egg helps to bond the ricotta filling, giving it additional body.
Do you bake lasagna at 350 or 375?
Lasagna is typically cooked at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 to 40 minutes. This bake time assumes you’re using boiling noodles and wrapping the lasagna in foil.