A homemade creamy mint ice cream packed with Thin Mint Cookies. This is the perfect way to use up extract Girl Scout Cookies.
I didnt really mean to make this official Girl Scout Cookie Week, but I really just couldnt wait to share these recipes with you! I started with Thin Mint Brookies, perhaps the best thing to happen to Brookies since they were invented. I followed this with a Samoa Stuffed Brownie with Caramel Frosting.
I’m having Thin Mint Cookie Ice Cream today. This is a creamy, mint ice cream packed with crushed Thin Mint Cookies.
Now for this recipe, I ground these cookies into crumbs, to make sure every bite had cookies in it, but I also layered in larger chunks of the cookie. Since I usually freeze my Thin Mints (Do you not? You have to try this), I couldnt think of a better way to make this ice cream. Oh yeah, and be sure to put more cookies on top as shown below, just because.
You know what? I am totally obsessed with homemade ice cream. Now I will tell you that I havent done a whole lot of experimenting with crazy recipes, but I have made a few really good ones to share with you! Did you see my Smores Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream?
I dont know about you, but I like my ice cream slightly melted, and I used to stir my ice cream to make it into ice cream soup when I was a kid. So after I covered this ice cream in hot fudge sauce, I waited for it to melt and then devoured it. Sorry Im not sorry.
A homemade creamy mint ice cream packed with Thin Mint Cookies
- 3 C Heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 C Sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp Mint extract
- 1 1/2 Sleeve Thin Mints
- Hot fudge sauce (optional)
- Pre-freeze your ice cream maker attachment as directed, usually at least 15 hours.
- 4 C sugar and a pinch of salt. Heat in a pot on medium heat, stirring just until it starts to bubble and sugar is dissolved.Heat 1 C whipping cream with 3
- Let cool for a few minutes and add remaining 2 cups of heavy whipping cream and mint extract. Refrigerate until completely cooled.
- Once the heavy cream is cold again, set up ice cream maker, and spin on low speed, pour heavy cream mixture into ice cream maker. It is really important to have the mixer started as you pour in the cream. The cream will start to freeze to the sides right away.
- Stir on low for 10 minutes before increasing to medium. Mix for another 5-7 minutes on medium speed.
- While ice cream is spinning, use a food processor to chop Thin Mints into a fine crumb.
- Reserve half a sleeve of Thin Mints and break up with your hands into smaller chunks that will be placed in layers into the ice cream.
- During the last two minutes of mixing, pour Thin Mint crumbs into ice cream mixer while it is still churning.
- 2 of your remaining ice cream, and top with remaining Thin Mint Chunks. Top with the remaining ice cream.2 of your chunks of Thin Mint cookies. Repeat with a layer of 13 of ice cream in your container, followed by a 1Once ice cream is done mixing, pour 1
- Return to freeze for 2-3 hours until desired frozen consistency.
Pre-freeze your ice cream make according the manufacturers instructions.
Why were the Thin Mints discontinued?
They were discontinued for various health and customer complaint issues. But, they have created new cookie flavors as a fresh new lineup.
Who makes Girl Scout Thin Mint ice cream?
Breyers Frozen Dairy Dessert Girl Scouts Cookies® Thin Mints® 48 oz – Walmart.com.
Does Dairy Queen still have the Girl Scout Thin Mint Blizzard?
Available at participating DQ® locations.
Mint Cookie Crunch Light Ice Cream | Slow Churned® | Official Dreyer’s 4.5 out of 5 stars. Read reviews for an average rating of 4.5 out of 5. Read 30 Reviews on the same page.
Why do Girl Scout Thin Mints taste different?
Since the cookies are coming from two different bakeries, the taste and appearance will naturally vary due to slight differences in the recipe and ingredients available to the bakers, a Girl Scouts of the USA spokesperson told Business Insider.
What is the new name for Thin Mints?
Even Thin Mints have been compromised. They have the same name everywhere, but like the others, the recipe varies by location. ABC Bakers’ version is crunchier with more mint than chocolate, and Little Brownie Bakers’ is richer with a smoother chocolate coating and stronger peppermint taste.
There you have it. Science has shown that both Aldi and Walmart offer superb knockoffs of our favorite Girl Scout cookies. Next time you get a hankering in June for a frozen Thin Mint, or crave the comfort of a fudge covered, peanut butter filled treat in November, you only have to go to Aldi or Walmart.
Is there a thin mint ice cream?
Because our product is made fresh-right in each store, available flavors and menu items vary by region and location. We took two great things, our ice cream and Girl Scouts® Thin Mint cookies and combined them into our Thin Mint Ice Cream*.
What is the difference between Girl Scout Thin Mint?
That’s because the Girl Scouts use two different bakeries to distribute the cookies. According to the Los Angeles Times, the Thin Mint cookie that’s “crunchier, with more mint than chocolate” comes from Virginia-based bakery ABC Cookies.
Scot-teas. Girl Scouts.
Savannah SmilesMedallions. Sheila FitzgeraldAnimal treasuresAll aboutsJuliettes. Girl Scouts.
Thanks-A-Lot13 Discontinued Girl Scout Cookies We Wish Would Make A Comeback
Golden Nut Clusters